The Invia Group is a pan-European market leader in online travel sales and brings together leading travel portals in Europe under one roof. From package holidays to tailored tours, from business trips to family breaks, our offers for tourists serve a wide range of target groups. Among others, it operates the portals ab-in-den-urlaub.de, Hotelreservierung.de and Reisen.de. The virtual tour operator Tourini organizes package tours, which are offered via its website and exclusively on the Group’s portals.
Do you want to work for one of the most successful German e-commerce companies and develop the future of the online travel industry? Become a part of our team which unites more than 80 engaged developers. As Back End Developer (m/f) you will be responsible for the technical optimization of our internet presence. You will work in this role on innovative projects such as improving our online booking system, develop new interactive functionalities and apply the latest findings of the software development. Through the implementation of new innovative features and usage of new modern technologies (Cloud, Micro-Services, Grunt) you will have a chance to develop and improve your skills.
- Development, design and Implementation of data models and sustainable codes for complex and well-known web portals
- Follow best practices, test automation and CI / CD
- Use of caching strategies (e.g., Memcache, CDN)
- Improve and scale our backend services
- You help us to move from a monolithic application to a microservice-oriented architecture
- You are working closely together with our Front End Team and share your ideas and suggestions
- Academic degree or equivalent relevant experience in computer science
- Keen interest in design patterns and software architecture
- Analytical and conceptual way of thinking
- Good communication skills
- (Very) good knowledge of PHP, Python or Golang with the ability to quickly switch between those languages
- Experience in the use of Frameworks like Django, Symfony or Zend Expressive
- Experience with cloud-services such as AWS and containerization
- You love technical challenges
- Desire to continuously improve your skills
- Very good command of English, German would be great but it’s definitely not a must
Your trip to us
Do not hesitate and apply directly via our career webpage with all your significant application documents, availability and your salary expectations. Applications of disabled persons or equivalent persons are welcome.
If available, please send us a link to your:
- GitHub, Bitbucket or GitLab profile
- StackOverflow profile (if registered)
- open source projects which you contributed to (if available)
In case you have any questions, please contact Alexander Schubert +49 341 650 50 23862.
Invia SSC Germany GmbH