The Invia Group is a pan-European market leader in online travel sales and brings together leading travel portals in Europe under one roof. From package holidays to tailored tours, from business trips to family breaks, our offers for tourists serve a wide range of target groups. Among others, it operates the portals ab-in-den-urlaub.de, Hotelreservierung.de, fluege.de and Reisen.de. The virtual tour operator tourini organises package tours, which are offered via its own website and exclusively on the Group’s portals.
As (Senior) Data Scientist (m/f/d) you’re a key player and responsible for building intelligent machine-learning systems and processes. By the means of your enthusiastic and strong communication skills you´ll help enforcing and impementing of visionary ideas and trends within creative leeways.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods to provide valuable business insights for decision making
- Building intelligent machine-learning systems and processes, e.g. pricing heuristics, to leverage on a vast variety of data and touchpoints
- Doing both ad-hoc analysis and predictive modelling as well as presenting results in a clear and structured manner
- Enhancing data collection procedures in order to build effective analytical systems
- Key role for future development by actively refining data-driven business concepts
- Masters in mathematics, physics or computer science or related field, PhDs are welcome
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques
- Strong programming skills in Python (alternatively R, SAS) including deep knowledge of machine learning, predictive modelling and visualization of complex data
- Experience in database access (SQL, noSQL) and using big data frameworks (Java) is advantagous
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to transform complexity into clear structures
- Enthusiasm for the enforcement and implementation of leading-edge ideas and trends
Your trip to us
Start your journey with Invia. Apply now with your significant application documents, your availability and your salary expectations. In case you have any questions, please call +49 341 6505010100 or message us on WhatsApp at +49 172 8900550.